The nice!nano is a wireless, BLE (Bluetooth) enabled replacement for the Pro Micro or Elite-C powered by the nRF52840 SoC. The nice!nano utilizes a LiPo battery allowing you to make your board completely wireless and has an on-board charging circuit, so simply plug in your keyboard to charge the battery, and use it wireless any other time you want.
For more information including build tips, firmware, and more, read the documentation.
- The mid mount USB-C port makes this microcontroller board 3.2mm thin, saving space when compared to the Pro Micro;
- nRF52840 chip on board with 1MB of Flash and 256KB of RAM;
- Comes preloaded with the Adafruit Bootloader, offering DFU flashing as well as flashing via UF2 storage (similar to dragging a file to a flash drive);
- Programmable blue indicator LED as well as an orange charging indicator LED;
- Battery voltage reader to report battery percentage to main device;
- Save power by cutting off external power using an on board MOSFET, saving power from LEDs (each can draw 1mA when off);
- 5 extra GPIO pins (3 thru holes and 2 pads on the back) offering a total of 23 GPIO pins;
- 3.3V out of the VCC pin to power external features;
- 32.768 kHz oscillator on board for real-time clock capabilities;
- Clean design with matte black solder mask, immersion gold plating, and Tg 170 FR4 for durability.
Revision 2.0 changes
- Reduced quiescent (system idle) power by ~70%
- Increased through hole pad sizes to make soldering easier
- Reduced battery pin size to avoid incorrect installation
- Charge boost added to optionally increase charge rate from ~100mA to ~500mA
- Several small changes to increase stability and reliability: reduce GPIO failures, improve thermals, and reduce component failures